Being viewed

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How To Stop Your Com­puter from Freezing




Has your com­puter ever frozen on you when you were in the mid­dle of some­thing? This issue has hap­pened to me count­less times in the past, either when I was in the mid­dle of either down­load­ing a pro­gram or using my Inter­net browser. Can you relate?
My mom actu­ally brought this issue to me after com­plain­ing that her com­puter kept lag­ging on her every time she used  Inter­net Explorer. My first rec­om­men­da­tion was to switch browsers because sorry to tell you guys, Inter­net Explorer just plainly sucks.


I’m shocked why its still the num­ber one used browser. I rec­om­mend switch­ing to either Fire­Fox, Google Chrome, or Opera. All of those browsers are top notch.
By the way before I con­tinue I wanna say that I have writ­ten a post in the past related to this topic where I pro­vide some tips to speed up your com­puter. Check it out here– How To Make Your Com­puter Faster.
This arti­cle is more of a con­tin­u­a­tion of the one men­tioned above so if you haven’t read the other one please do so.
Alright lets begin.



Viruses,  Spy­ware,  Mal­ware,  Oh My!
Viruses or its other vari­ants (e.g Spy­ware, Mal­ware) may be the main rea­son why your com­puter is freez­ing. Viruses go inside your sys­tem and pretty much just slow the crap out of it. Its like you hav­ing to carry some­one on your back all day. That will surely slow you down and will tire you out real fast. Viruses do sim­i­lar things to your computer.
There are free pro­grams avail­able such as Avast, which I per­son­ally use, that takes care of viruses and even pro­tects you from future attacks. If you want to go the paid route you can check out AVG. I have used it in the past and it does work great.

Clean Out Your Computer
You might not know it but you might have junk on your com­puter and not even real­ize it. Soft­ware like CCleaner helps stop your com­puter from freez­ing by clean­ing it out and delet­ing tem­po­rary files and other garbage you don’t need on your computer.

Remove Use­less Programs
You are bound to have pro­grams on your com­puter that you don’t use. Why not go ahead and delete them? It is just extra space you’re los­ing on your PC. If you’re not famil­iar on how to remove pro­grams from your com­puter here are the steps.
Win­dows XP: Start-My Computer-Add or Remove Pro­grams
Win­dows Vista: Start-Control Panel-Under the ‘Pro­grams’ cat­e­gory click on ‘ Unin­stall a pro­gram’
Win­dows 7: Start-Control Panel-Under ‘Pro­grams’ click on ‘ Unin­stall a program’

Con­clu­sion
If you fol­low all these tips listed above your com­puter should (hope­fully) stop freez­ing on you. If you are still get­ting prob­lems from it than I rec­om­mend invest­ing in a brand new computer.


Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!


Filled Under:

0 comments: